Strategy and Code of Conduct
A sustainable future and well-being from renewable natural resources.
Through research, we create value and solutions for our customers by solving local and global challenges.
Climate smart carbon cycle
Adaptive and resilient bioeconomy
Profitable and responsible primary production
Competent personnel and motivating organisation
Cross-sectoral and interdisciplinary collaboration
Modern research platforms
Code of Conduct and values
In addition to the strategy, Luke’s work and activities are governed by our Code of Conduct and our values. The Code of Conduct outlines the ethical principles according to which everyone at Luke works. The Code of Conduct thus forms a foundation for all Luke’s operations and describes how we work and treat our personnel, partners and customers. As a research institute, it is extremely important to us that our work is of high quality, ambitious and reliable. Ethical standards of research, the neutrality of research and responsibility are the cornerstones of everything we do.
The principles of the Code of Conduct help us in our everyday work to identify the correct ways to act and to prevent any harmful practices. At Luke, we are firmly committed to acting according to these principles. The Code of Conduct applies to us all, and we expect that not only we but also our partners observe it.
- Impartiality and impact: Everything we do is based on evidence and creates impact. Our actions are transparent and accessible.
- Trust and openness: We are worthy of one another’s trust and respect each other.
- Cooperation and respect: We work in close cooperation with each other and our stakeholders.
- Courage and enthusiasm: We encourage and inspire each other to be courageous in our discussions and decisions.
- Sustainability and responsibility: All our activities are guided by sustainable and ethical principles.
Gender and equality plan
The Constitution of Finland, the act on equality between women and men, the non-discrimination act and the employment contracts act require that Luke takes action to promote equality and non-discriminating treatment and to eliminate discrimination and harassment.
Luke's gender and equality plan meets the criteria of EU GEP.