The objective of the project is to promote sustainable intensive forest management for increasing utilization of renewable forest energy, sustainable land-use planning and improving conservation of biodiversity in Komi Republic.
1. Analysis of the development of forest bioenergy, land-use planning and protection of nature during 1997-2017 in Komi Republic.
2. Analysis of suitable areas for sustainable intensive forest management.
3. Spatially explicit database on potential sites for forest energy sector development.
4. Spatially explicit database on connectivity between existing protected nature reserves.
5. Network of stakeholders in Komi Republic