Luke’s InsectLab offers a wide range of bespoke solutions for the industry, including, for example, farming insects, product development, breeding material management and development, utilizing sidestreams as well as developing holistic sustainability of the industry. Together with the industry we develop solutions for challenges related to production methods, quality, safety and competitiveness of circular economy.
Integrated to Luke’s research and knowhow, InsectLab is a unique asset for developing insect farming and feeding and utilizing production sidestreams. InsectLab offers a quick and easy way to pilot new solutions and methods as well as test products without an own piloting environment or hassle with permit applications. Our close cooperation with Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira helps take all safety factors and regulation into account. All in all, holistic expertise and high quality piloting environment diminish customer’s risks when moving on to the production phase.
InsectLab facilities and technology enable cooperation in, for example, the following areas:
- Testing and assessment of biomass from various industries
- Piloting of sidestream and biomass use and further development to new products
- Services for insect farming, such as insect rearing tests and feeding and nurturing plans
- Management of microbiological and chemical risks and quality control
- Services for holistic sustainability: assessment of ecological and economical sustainability and ethical questions
Luke’s research opens up new business opportunities for companies in various industries, including, for example, food, forestry, waste management, farming, gardening, aquaculture, and energy.
Luke has long, multidisciplinary expertise in biomasses and related processes throughout the value chain from biological cleaning to solutions for and symbioses of agriculture, forestry as well as fishing and aquaculture.