This is the accessibility statement of the Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke) concerning the luke.fi website.
This accessibility statement describes how the website complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what flaws there are in the accessibility of the website and how you can send us feedback on accessibility.
This statement was written on 11 May 2020. Luke has assessed the accessibility of the website together with the technical supplier of the website.
State of accessibility on the luke.fi website
Our website partly fulfils the A and AA requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. The Act on the Provision of Digital Services obligates providers of digital services to fulfil all A and AA accessibility criteria. Luke will reach this target during 2021.
We have improved the accessibility of our website, in particular, by developing functions important to individuals with functional limitations. For example, site navigation using the keyboard only was developed at the end of 2019.
Unfulfilled accessibility requirements
Not all functions of the current website will fulfil the accessibility requirements by the recommended deadline of 23 September 2020 without significant modifications and costs. Luke has started a website update process. Our new accessible website will be released during 2021.
The significant development of our current website alongside the update process presents an unreasonable burden to Luke. This is why we will apply the exemption permitted by an unreasonable burden in accordance with Article 5 of the Web Accessibility Directive to the following until the release of the new website:
- Contrasts between colours and elements: Currently, the design of our website is heavily based on our graphic guidelines, and the colours we are using need to be changed in order to ensure accessibility. Furthermore, the website includes elements with an insufficient contrast. The contrast of these elements, which should be at least 4.5:1, or 3:1 for large text, is too low for individuals with a low vision.
- Alternative text for images: The website includes many images, some of which do not have an alternative text to describes the image content using sufficient information.
- Data saved in maps
- Pdf, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files released after 23 September 2018
The following content is not accessible, as it is not governed by the accessibility legislation:
- PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files released after before 23 September 2018
- Audio and video content released before 23 September 2020 Please note that the content of our videos is, however, often presented on the website, as most of our videos serve to clarify text on pages. According to regulations, subtitles are not necessary in these situations.
- Live audio and video feeds
- Online maps and map services
- Content of any third parties
Give us feedback on the accessibility of our website or request more information
If you notice any problems with accessibility on our website, please let us know. All feedback is valuable to us, especially now that we are building a new website. Please send your feedback on accessibility to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your feedback in 14 days.
Please note that you can also request more information from email@example.com if the information you need is not accessible on our website. We will respond to your request in 14 days. If your request concerns a large amount of content, we may extend the response time by a maximum of two weeks.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. Detailed information about how you can file a complaint and how your complaint will be processed is available at the website.
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility supervisory unit
Tel. : +358 295 016 000